Monday 22 November 2010

Questionaires

I made some questionaires for people to tell me what they like about horror movies, I did this in order to find out what aspects of Horror movies people like the best as influence for my teaser trailer.

Her are some questions I asked with a few answers I got back:

What do you like best about horror movies?
  • Scary
  • Exciting
  • Bloody
What is your favourite horror movie?
  • 'Halloween'
  • 'Saw'
  • 'Nightmare On Elm Street'
  • 'The Shining' (Psychological)
What's your favourite horror scene?
  • 'Halloween' - someone getting stabbed - filmed from multiple different angles shown in fast cuts
  • 'The Shining' - Twins symmetrically standing in corridor - fast cuts change to them dead with blood on the walls and back to them standing in the corridor
  • 'The Strangers' - when the killer is in the house behind Liv Tyler's character and she is unaware of it

These are a few answers I got back for some questions I asked people.  They have inspired me in many ways, for example; the symmetrical scenes in 'The Shining' influenced the symmetrical establishing shot in our scene.  The stabbing scene in halloween is what we are going to base one of our teaser trailer's flashback on, a stabbing that is shown from different angle in high speed cuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment